Friday, March 2, 2012

         Calvin Klein Jeans aired a campaign featuring a 15 year old Brooke Shields who stated “Nothing comes between me and my Calvin’s.” This advertisement was the most controversial ads in fashion history.  The campaign was so controversial because Brooke Shields was so young. I don’t agree with the controversy because Calvin Klein was obviously trying to sell their jeans to a certain age group. Instead of having an advertisement with just one teen model they could have put of multiple ads with multiple young models.
            Tom Fords released a cologne bottle designed as a female’s southern area.  This advertisement was controversial because it was a men’s cologne shaped as a naked woman. I agree with this controversy one hundred percent because it was so inappropriate. Tom Ford should have made this cologne shaped as a male instead.
            American Apparel released a risky ad of a young Lauren Phoenix in nothing but American Apparel tube socks. This ad brought upon much controversy because it was so risky and racy. I agree this ad was too racy for me and should have been toned down. American Apparel could have at least dressed Phoenix in undergarments.
            Sisley advertized a photo of two models pretending to snort a white stingy dress that looked much like a drug saying “Fashion junkie”. This ad was controversial because it promotes this drug. I agree with is because it sends a message saying it’s okay to do drugs because it makes you skinny. The only thing Sisley could have done to fix this was to not release such an ad.
            Jordache promoted their famous jeans by using topless models in just jeans doing activities. This campaign was a controversy because it sent a message saying it’s ok to dress risky. I agree this ad could have had the women in tops. Jordache could have put his models in bikini tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment